Passport to Ice Hockey Basic Skills Course
Saturday 11:00 AM – 11:30 AM
All lessons are 30 minutes duration.
The cost of the course breaks down to £5.00 per lesson per person.
Skates are included if required.
Player’s Passport booklets are required to sign off individual progress, these are available to purchase from Skate Hire for £1.60.
Certificates for levels passed are available to purchase from Skate Hire for £1.70.
For any further information ask at Skate Hire, call 01472 476029 or visit our booking site.
Passport to Ice Hockey
Passport to Ice Hockey is a course of basic skills; these are the fundamentals of the sport. Once a skater has completed this course then they have the basic knowledge of the sport. This course is tested under a progressive and continuous testing structure.
- Sit down and stand on ice
- Basic stance – knees bent, shoulders still
- Basic moving forwards
- Forward scullies
- Stand still snow plough (make snow)
- Two feet standstill turn
- T.Push – Ccoot
- Touching toes
- Forwards skating full stride
- Moving snow plough 1/2 / Full
- Backward moving
- Learning edges –
Two feet around circle.
Two edges on each foot (forwards)
- One foot forward glide, left & right, count of 3
- Forward slalom
- Backward scullies
- Backward snow plough
- Drag forwards – left & right leg
- One foot edges outside/Inside around a circle
- Turning on two feet forwards-backwards/backwards-forwards
- Step over
- backward one foot glides
- Tight turns around cones – forwards & backwards
- Backward slalom
- Dip & two foot jump up
- Two foot jump forwards and backwards. Clockwise & Anti-clockwise
- Forward crossovers/Backwards crossovers
- Backwards crossover step wide
- Stop change direction
- Basic mohawk turn